2023 Phishing Trends Report
In 2023, ZeroFox Intelligence observed an evolution in the types of phishing tactics most commonly used by increasingly sophisticated cyber attackers. Here’s what we learned:
- Email attachments remain a primary delivery method for malicious software in phishing attacks.
- Increasingly diverse file types are being leveraged to circumvent security controls.
- Threat actors are increasingly able to bypass multi-factor authentication (MFA) security protocols.
- Phishing-as-a-Service continues to proliferate in both dark web marketplaces and private messaging channels.
- The threat from SEO cloaking, web page hijacking, and URL redirecting is trending upward.
Download the report
Phishing attack techniques are evolving to become smarter and more accessible than ever before. ZeroFox Intelligence shares current phishing trends and recommendations organizations can implement today. Protecting your brand from sophisticated phishing attacks starts with awareness of current trends—but it doesn’t stop there. Here are actions you can take today.