If you attended or watched our recent webinar, “The Evolution of Financial Fraud and Phishing: A Conversation with FIS, Royal Bank of Canada, and ZeroFox,” you were perhaps intrigued by the actionable advice our presenters shared.
If you missed the webinar, we analyzed three of the top emerging and persistent digital attack tactics facing the financial services industry based on our latest threat research update, Phishing and Fraud in Financial Services. Our guest speakers, industry experts from FIS Global and the Royal Bank of Canada, then shared their experience tackling threats like phishing, fraudulent mobile apps, financial fraud, and scams, and offered practical applications for your own security procedures. You can watch the on-demand session here.
Here are a few of the important resources referenced during the session:
- FS-ISAC: Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) is dedicated to reducing cyber-risk in the global financial system. Serving financial institutions and in turn their customers, the organization leverages its intelligence platform, resiliency resources and a trusted peer-to-peer network of experts to anticipate, mitigate and respond to cyberthreats
- Federal Reserve Fraud Definition Taskforce: The Fraud Definitions Work Group seeks to build a recommended payments fraud classification model that includes detailed definitions and/or categories to help the industry better understand key data points and address ACH, wire, and check payments fraud.
- Canadian Center For Cyber Security: The Cyber Centre is the single unified source of expert advice, guidance, services, and support on cybersecurity for government, critical infrastructure owners and operations, the private sector, and the Canadian public.
- M3AAWG: The Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group (M3AAWG) is where the industry comes together to work against bots, malware, spam, viruses, DoS attacks, and other online exploitation.
- APWG: Is the international coalition unifying the global response to cybercrime across industry, government, and law-enforcement sectors and NGO communities.
FEATURED REPORT: Phishing and Fraud in Financial Services Threat Research Update
The report update analyzes three of the top emerging and persistent digital attack tactics facing the financial services industry based on data from ZeroFox’s own FinServ customer ecosystem over the course of 12 months, including phishing, fraudulent mobile apps, and financial fraud and scams. Download the full report here.