Artificial Intelligence Security Tools
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence is an area of computer science that uses technologies like machine learning algorithms and deep neural networks, along with large datasets, to create software programs that simulate human intelligence or an ideally rational thought process to solve a problem.
Computer scientists are using artificial intelligence to address problems in a variety of industries, including:
- Healthcare – Computer scientists are using machine learning algorithms to process millions of medical images and developing AI-backed diagnostic solutions that can detect cancers and other pathologies with greater accuracy than a medical doctor.
- Logistics and Transportation – Computer scientists have developed AI applications to help logistics companies save money by optimizing their delivery routes. Artificial intelligence is also playing a role in the development of autonomous vehicles.
- Manufacturing – In the manufacturing sector, AI-powered technologies are used to gather data from sensors throughout the assembly line, supporting processes like predictive maintenance and quality assurance. Artificial intelligence programs can also be used to create brand new products with an innovative method known as generative design.
- Banking and Finance – Banks are deploying artificial intelligence applications to automate the process of analyzing credit risk and processing applications for loans and credit cards. AI can also be used to process customer data at scale and automate the delivery of individualized offers and a more personalized banking experience.
- IT Cybersecurity – Technology companies are developing software solutions that use artificial intelligence to detect and identify digital and brand threats across the public attack surface and within enterprise networks.
What is an Artificial Intelligence Security Tool?
Artificial intelligence security tools are software programs that use machine learning, deep neural networks, and big data processing to automate cyber security operations. These operations include cyber threat detection, identifying and managing vulnerabilities, and monitoring the public attack surface.
Artificial intelligence security tools empower SecOps teams with enhanced zero-day threat detection, extended security monitoring capabilities, and greater visibility of the expanding public attack surface.
How are Artificial Intelligence Security Tools Used?
Cybersecurity teams use artificial intelligence security tools to safeguard enterprise IT environments against digital threats. Applications for artificial intelligence in enterprise cybersecurity include use cases like:
- Threat Detection – Cybersecurity teams everywhere use signature-based threat detection software to secure enterprise networks, but while these solutions perform well against known threats, they are less effective at detecting zero-day threats. Artificial intelligence security tools can be used to identify and classify novel or mutated malware attacks that are designed to evade signature-based defenses.
- Managing Vulnerabilities – Identifying network vulnerabilities to proactively prevent data breaches is a manual and time-consuming task for enterprise security analysts. Artificial intelligence security tools can automate the detection of network vulnerabilities to help mitigate the risk of a data breach.
- Monitoring the Public Attack Surface – Artificial intelligence security tools can be deployed to monitor the public attack surface, including social media platforms, business collaboration tools, and the surface, deep, and dark web, for threats to an organization’s brand, people, or digital assets.
What are the Benefits of Artificial Intelligence Security Tools?
Enterprise cybersecurity teams who deploy artificial intelligence security tools can multiply the effectiveness of their security initiatives and more effectively safeguard their organizations against digital threats.
The benefits of deploying artificial intelligence security tools include:
- Reducing Manual Processes – Artificial intelligence security tools use automation to execute cybersecurity operations at scale. As a result, enterprise cybersecurity teams can spend less time on repetitive manual tasks like vulnerability research and threat hunting.
- Increasing Security Monitoring Capabilities– Security monitoring is a critical capability for enterprise cybersecurity teams who must detect and respond to digital threats as efficiently as possible to prevent successful attacks. The rapidly expanding public attack surface has made it even more crucial for enterprise organizations to extend their security monitoring capabilities to social media platforms and other publicly-accessed digital channels. Artificial intelligence security tools give enterprises the ability to comprehensively monitor and respond to digital threats from across the organization’s entire attack surface.
- Enhanced Digital Risk Protection – When compared to traditional software tools or manual methods, artificial intelligence security tools are more efficient at identifying network vulnerabilities and monitoring both the public and private attack surfaces. They’re also more useful for detecting zero-day threats that don’t match known malware signatures and may never have been seen before. As a result, enterprises who use artificial intelligence security tools are better protected against digital risks.
ZeroFOX Uses AI to Secure the Public Attack Surface
ZeroFOX provides enterprises with protection, intelligence, and disruption to dismantle digital threats against brands, people, assets, and data. The ZeroFOX platform uses advanced AI-driven analysis to detect complex digital threats across the public attack surface, including the web, social media, email, online marketplaces, mobile app stores, and more.
Check out our free, on-demand webinar Augmented Intelligence in Practice and in the Wild, to learn how your organization can start using artificial intelligence to identify and prioritize digital threats.